BTT Youth League - Program Overview
The BTT Youth League is more than just a soccer league. It is a school with a standardized curriculum for developing young soccer players. When children are taught advanced soccer skills at an early age, they become more confident players as they grow older. And most importantly, they enjoy playing the game more.
Top 9 Reasons to join the Boise Timbers|Thorns Youth League
- All Coaches are trained by BTT's professional staff
- Players are taught a standardized skills curriculum at a very young age
- Mastery of technical skills is emphasized, with less emphasis on winning.
- Small-sided games, so that each child touches the ball more often
- Coaches have access to online coaching resources
- Parents are taught proper sideline behavior, for a more enjoyable experience for kids
- Electronic Registration/Email Notification
- Well-organized league
- Excellent Facilities
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
How does the BTT Youth League differ from other soccer leagues in the area?
We provide our parent volunteer coaches and assistant coaches with an extensive training program, a standardized curriculum, and online coaching resources to make sure that your child learns the soccers skills they need to enjoy the game.
How are teams formed?
Players are divided up into teams based on gender, age and geographic location.
In some extreme cases where a player has developed skills beyond their gender/age group, they may be placed on a team in the next highest age group, or a girl may be placed on a boy's team, at the discretion of the BTT Youth Recreational Administrator.
For the Fall 2022 - Spring 2023 season, the U5 age group may end up being coed, depending upon the number of U5 participants.
How often do teams practice and where do they practice?
Teams train once or twice a week with a trained parent coach, at a school or park near your home. Some centralized training will be available. Registering early helps us place your child on a nearby team. Each team determines where and when the team will practice.
Where are games played?
For the Spring 2023 season, ALL games will be played at one location:
BTT Soccer Complex
3924 E. Lake Hazel Rd.
Meridian, ID 83642
What about Jewelry?
Players may not wear jewelry, including earrings, during games and practices. Soccer season is not the time to have your ears pierced.
What about casts?
Players may not wear casts during games and practices, padded or otherwise, no matter what your doctor says. Partial refunds may be available for players with season-ending injuries.
Winter 2022 - This policy is under review and may be subject to change
What else is expected of parents?
At least one parent from each family is expected to volunteer. Volunteer positions include:
- Uniform Coordinator
- Field Setup/Teardown
- Assistant Coach
Parents who volunteer for Coach and Assistant Coach positions will receive special training, curriculum and an advanced on-line coaching resource.
Parents are also expected to attend a Parent Orientation meeting, where they learn about the curriculum and appropriate sideline behavior.
What about uniforms and equipment?
When a player joins the BTT Youth League, If purchased, they will be issued a uniform consisting of:
- Girls - 1 Red Jersey Top, 1 Grey Jersey Top, 1 Pair of Black Shorts
- Boys - 1 Black Jersey Top, 1 Grey Jersey Top, 1 Pair of Black Shorts
Uniform Bundles Cost - $49 (listed above comes in bundle)
NOTE - Socks do NOT come as part of their uniform bundle.
Players/families must provide:
- A soccer ball (Click here for sizing chart)
- Shin guards
- Soccer shoes or tennis shoes
- White socks, to be placed over their shin guards
- Water Bottle
What about cancellation/refunds due to Covid-19?
In the event that the Spring 2023 season is cancelled due to Covid-19 issues, players will have the following options:
- TRANSFER the registration fees to a future season
- REFUND the registration fees minus a $25.00 administrative fee
- DONATE your registration fees to the Boise Timbers Thorns Soccer Club.
Who can I contact for more information?
For further information, please contact:
BTT Youth Recreational Administrator
(208)- 949-6097 (cell)
BTT Youth Recreational Technical Director
Where do I go from here?
Click on the link below to continue to the next section: